Write my essay
Custom essay writing service
Essays for sale
Order essay online
Type my essay
Coursework writing service
Research paper writing service
Start your workBy selecting a service type
The Sociological Profile will be based on the population density and persity, median household income, percent unemployment, percent persons in poverty, and the median home values. The Los Angeles County of California has a total population of an estimated 9,758,866 people, wherein 4,816,227 or 49.4% of these are males and 4,942,659 or 50.6% of these are females. The median age of this county is approximately 33.7 years old. About 72% of the population falls in the bracket of over 18 years old, 9.8% falls in the bracket of over 65 years old and about 7.7% is from the bracket of below 5 years of age. About 50.9% of the total population is White, about 13.1 % are Asian, and 8.7% are Black or African American. About 97.4% of the total population has only one race, and about 2.6% have two or more races (U.S. Census Bureau, 2005).
The median household income of the population is about $48,248, while the median family income is about $53,431. About 4,741,524 or 64.8% are in the labor force, leaving 35.2% outside the labor force, either unemployed or have other means of income. About 13.4% of all the families are below the poverty level, while 16.3% of the inpiduals in the population are below the poverty level. The average household size is about 3.06 people and the average family size is about 3.78 people (U.S. Census Bureau, 2005).
In the housing aspect, there are 3,339,763 total houses, wherein 3,184,396 or 95.3% of these are occupied. About 49.1% of these occupied housing units are owner-occupied and 50.9% of these are renter-occupied. The median value of these homes is $480,300. The median of selected monthly owner cost for those with mortgage is about $1,919 and that which is not mortgaged is about $392 (U.S. Census Bureau, 2005).
The information presented in the sociological profile is important in creating or planning out the possible social policies to be implemented in the county. This is to further know the people you are dealing with, since they are not of the same race, culture, or have the same set of beliefs. The social policies should be based on the people you are responsible with, since they are the ones who will be affected by the social policies that you are creating. If there are policies not suited or not applicable to an ethnic or cultural group, then it will not serve its purpose as a guide to the people. Every aspect and every detail of every group of people or inpidual should be taken into consideration for the social policies to be effective.
Sociological perspective is important in designing social policies in this essay. This is because you need to maintain objectivity in creating a policy for it to be effective. You need to critically analyze and evaluate certain ideas that you take into consideration when creating these social policies. Having a sociological perspective tends to make one go deeper in analyzing several aspects, like in constructing social policies (Sociology.org, 2004b).
Looking at the population as a whole, it is necessary to determine whether the population has a high culture or a popular culture. Having a high culture means having a ruling social group, where there is a dominant culture among other lesser cultures (Sociology.org, 2004a). Another is popular culture where there is a fair existence between different cultures, where they form another culture dominant to all other cultures in which all of them usually follow, like in fashion, sports, and more (Reed, 2002). The county has a popular culture, wherein it is composed of various cultural elements in the society. This is because of the high cultural persity present in the area.
Because of this, there is a need to know further, like the preferences of every culture, their differences and their similarities, are also taken into consideration. It goes beyond what is obvious, where these things are the ones that truly matter. There is a need to go beyond what is seen and there is a need to observe further. With the use of sociological perspective, social policy makers are able to see the social patterns in general, whether it is for an inpidual or for a group or culture. It is able to extend what is seen by the eye, far beyond the limited knowledge and explanations, not just relying on certain impressions, quirks and personalities. Because of this, the social policies that will be formed will be unbiased, comprehensive, and is applicable to all.
Order your paper now!
I asked Essay Lab to write an essay for me and received paper the next day after I ordered it! Thank you!
Awesome WORK! If I ever need to write my essay – I will use only EssayLab!
These people are lifesavers! Just ask – “write me an essay” and they will start right away!
We would be happy to write itJoin and witness the magic