How to Write a Narrative Essay?
Published 13 Jul 2016
In a narrative essay usually described an event which took place in someone’s life. It could be an event of your life, of your best friend or of some significant person. In this paper, the author not only wants to show the order of actions but also to convey his feelings and attitudes towards them.
The structure of such essay is pretty typical:
- Introduction (actually it is a prehistory)
- Main body (it combines 1 to 3 paragraphs, each of which must describe a specific idea or event)
- Conclusion (here you draw a line in the format of positive or maybe negative result)
Each paragraph must be dedicated to one specific scene or gathering of scenes. So it’s more convenient to write a plan with paragraph headings and then start to compose your article as indicated by these notes.
Let’s take for narrative essay example an about spending holidays with a friend as volunteers. Your plan may have such look:
- Why my friend and I decided to spend holidays as volunteers.
- The holidays of volunteers.
- The most fascinating, entertaining or important occasions of the holidays.
- Homecoming. Advantages or disadvantages of volunteering as a conclusion.
The narrative essay issue you’ve picked should be amusing and significant to you because the most remarkable paper are written on the topics which really important for the author. There is a big variety of issues for you writings. They depend on the audience you are attempting to reach.
Writings about a painful or hard individual trials can make a powerful and delightful personal paper. This paper will portray how you faced the stress or difficult life circumstances.
Also, in your writings, you are able to show your great accomplishment to the audience. Such topic gives a possibility to describe all of your skills or victories. Depict with details your first steps and all efforts that you’ve put.
At the first glance, it looks like a simple work, but you need to attract the attention of the reader, and, using the first-person appeal, interest him and make a “partner” of events.
Sample Personal Narrative Essays
Personal essays tell about something particular in your life and accentuate what you gained from that experience. It comes as a recollection, or as a reflection of your life episodes.
How to write a personal essay:
- Choose the topic that influenced you.
- Write broadly about your issue for 10-15 minutes.
- Gather details which express your feeling best.
- Compose your first draft: your introduction has to capture attention, your main part should reproduce your experience for the reader and the ending part should reflect on it.
- Personal essay writing: fill it with particular nouns, bright verbs, and vivid adjectives; use sentences of various length and structures; organize your thoughts and ideas.
- Make sure that spelling, grammar, and organizing of the text are correct.
To show your accomplishments and capabilities you need such form of composting as personal statement article. It may be asked when you’re applying for a graduate program. In personal statement essay, you’ll have to tell about the main events of your life and what they have taught you. You should be sincere and write what is truly on your mind, and not what they want to hear.
To describe some of your life experiences you may use personal experience essay. It should be in view of your own expressions and what you have learned from this experience.
Personal writings helps to show yourself to people, express your qualities, and may affect your further prospects.